I am the worst when it comes to updating. These last couple of months have been such a roller coaster for Emma, i don't even know where to start.
She has been fevering, seizure clusters, requiring oxygen and lots of suctioning. In two days, she seems to be fine. The first round, she was put on azithromycine and she improved. Once the meds finished, she started all over again a week later.
The second round, she was put on Amoxi-Clavo and within two days improved. A week after the med was finished, she started again. The third time, she was hospitalized for IV antibiotics. She has avoided the hospital here for three years and it was so hard to see her back in there. She was admitted on a Sunday and was given Tazocin until the Thursday. She was discharged on Thursday, even after me arguing with her doctor that she wasn't well enough yet.
Once she was home, we had a rough couple of days and then she seemed fine again. Thursday evening, she started fevering again, along with seizure clusters and all the O2 in the world wouldn't have made a difference in the way she was breathing. She slept all day Saturday and woke up Sunday "fine". Right now I am so confused as to what it is that is going on with her.
I have tried numerous things, eliminating this, adding that, just to see if anything makes a difference. She has now been off oxygen for two days and again, seems "fine".
On a brighter note, we finally have a fence, which means we have the pool set up so Emma can go outside now and swim!! I have been waiting not-so-patiently for her to be well enough before I take her in. I think today will be the day, even if I have to pay for it later. She deserves to be happy <3
I hope your summer is going well...all the best to you all, from our family!